1. ABOUT THIS POLICY
This policy explains your rights as a customer of the WEB PASSPORT and WEB CITIZENSHIP Passport Service. The policy explains why we require your personal data. It covers what we do with your data and what you can expect from us in return. It also explains how to obtain a copy of any personal data we may hold about you.
2. YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW WE PROTECT THEM
The WEB PASSPORT and WEB CITIZENSHIP Passport Service is committed to compliance with regulations on protecting your personal details. We will take every precaution to protect your data. The following principles will apply when we process your personal data:
- Your data is only processed with your knowledge;
- Only data that we actually need is collected and processed;
- Your data is only seen by those who need it to do their jobs;
- Your data is retained only for as long as it is required;
- Your data is accurate and is only used for the intended purpose;
- Decisions affecting you are made on the basis of reliable and up to date data;
- Your data is protected from unauthorized or accidental disclosure;
- You will be provided with a copy of data we hold on you on request;
- There will be procedures in place for dealing promptly with any disputes.
All will apply whether we hold your data on paper or in electronic form.
3. WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE HOLD
We will hold your data if you have applied for a passport or acted as a countersignatory.
The WEB PASSPORT and WEB CITIZENSHIP Passport Service does not capture or store data about browsers to its website. However, you may choose to give us data such as your name, address or e-mail for enquiries. If this is the case, the data will be kept only for the time taken to process your enquiry.
4. RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The WEB PASSPORT and WEB CITIZENSHIP Passport Service is the "Data Controller" of your data. This means that we hold full responsibility for the safety of your data.
Any organization that works on behalf of the WEB PASSPORT and WEB CITIZENSHIP Passport Service is referred to as the "Data Processor". We can assure that our "Data Processors" comply with all existing regulations. This is to the same high standard as the WEB PASSPORT and WEB CITIZENSHIP Passport Service.
5. ORGANIZATIONS THAT ARE INVOLVED WITH THE PASSPORT SERVICE
Your data will only be seen by those whose jobs require them to do so. This includes WEB PASSPORT and WEB CITIZENSHIP Passport Service staff conducting the various checks that are necessary for the issue of a passport.
Any member of staff that has access to your data will be thoroughly checked. All staff are aware of their duties under all existing regulations.
Data may also be passed to the organizations listed below to enable them to deal with your enquiries:
- The Post Office or USPS - providing check and send service.
- Exsisto, Ltd. - who maintain our website.
We will conduct compliance checks on all our departments and systems. Regular audits on our IT security are also completed.
6. REASONS FOR REQUESTING PERSONAL DATA
We aim to maintain the integrity of the WEB PASSPORT and WEB CITIZENSHIP. For this reason we must be sure of the identity of an applicant.
Your data is requested for the sole reason that it is necessary for the processing of your application for a passport.
7. WHAT DATA IS NECESSARY FOR A PASSPORT APPLICATION?
The form only asks for data that is necessary.
8. WHY DOES THE WEB PASSPORT and WEB CITIZENSHIP PASSPORT SERVICE REQUIRE PERSONAL DETAILS OF COUNTERSIGNATORIES?
Countersignatories should be made aware that we may check their details. If they object to this, you must select another countersignatory.
9. STORAGE OF DATA
Your data is held in secure computer files which have restricted access. We have measures in place to stop unlawful access and disclosure.
10. INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS
All data would only be processed in accordance with the rights of an individual. These rights include:
- To know what data we hold about you; and
- To ask us to amend any data if incorrect.
11. THE RIGHT TO SUBJECT ACCESS TO PERSONAL DATA
You are entitled to be told if an organization holds any data about you and if so to be given a copy. The data must be provided in a clear form. This right is the "right to subject access". You are entitled to be told what your data is used for and if it has been disclosed to others.
12. EXEMPTIONS TO THE RIGHT TO SUBJECT ACCESS
You are entitled to see any data that we hold about you, with some specific exemptions. For example, we are allowed to refuse requests where providing data would be likely to prejudice:
- The prevention or detection of crime; or
- The privacy rights of a third party.
13. HOW TO APPLY FOR SUBJECT ACCESS
You should contact us to request a copy of the data we hold. The fee is $10.00. Requests can be made either in writing or by e-mail.
We must be sure that we are releasing information to the right person. You will be asked to supply information to prove your identity.
We will be happy to help you complete the request.
14. COUNTRY SPECIFIC REGULATIONS
You are restricted from joining the WEB PASSPORT and WEB CITIZENSHIP Passport Service to the extent that the laws and regulations of your country and/or jurisdictions do not allow you to participate or receive this service. By joining the WEB PASSPORT and WEB CITIZENSHIP Passport Service you confirm that you are not in violation of the laws and regulations of your country and/or jurisdiction.
15. NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES